15 most recent news feeds
- England Women v India Women live streaming
- After their surprise Test defeat against India, England will be looking to bounce back at the start of the one-day series
- Indian WAGs in the BCCI’s line of fire
- STUNG by the Test series loss to England, the BCCI have rung the changes and it’s the players WAGs and coach Duncan Fletcher who are the main victims.
- SA bowl, Zimbabwe drop Taylor
- With the series already decided, South Africa and Zimbabwe rang in changes for the final match. The hosts dropped former captain Brendan Taylor and the visitors changed captains and named two debutants
- Hogg, Arafat return for Scorchers
- VETERAN spinner Brad Hogg is confident his 43-year-old body can hold up for another Big Bash League season after re-signing with Perth.
- MCG turf to be relaid ahead of World Cup
- The MCG's 20,000 square metres of turf will be replaced in October in its biggest resurfacing since the overhaul undertaken after the 2004 AFL season in preparation for the 2006 Commonwealth Games
- Match fixing: Are we doing enough to stamp out this crime?
The term ‘Match Fixing’ is used as a catch-all for a whole range of things and is usually an inaccurate term as the result of a match certainly isn’t always involved. It is likely to be a particular event, or series of events, within a match which are manipulated rather than an entire match. Are we doing enough to stamp out this menace in cricket?
- Fastest ever centuries in Tests, ODIs and T20's
Rookie Kiwi allrounder, Corey Anderson, smashed a 36-ball century to beat Shahid Afridi's 18 year old record for the fastest ever ODI century. Anderson ended up on 131 not out in 47 balls as New Zealand beat the West Indies in a rain shorted ODI in Queenstown, Jan 2014.
Chris Gayle, one of the cleanest strikers in modern cricket, set a new record for the fastest century in the history of professional cricket with an astonishing century off just 30 balls for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2013 Indian Premier League. How does Gayle’s feat compare with other rapid centuries?
- Triple century club: Highlights of legendary Test knocks
Ever since England opener Andy Sandham stroked his way to 325 (640 balls, 28 fours) against the West Indies in the 4th Test of 1930 at Sabina Park, it has been a dream for batsman to crown their career by achieving a triple century in test cricket. Amongst the many greats of the game that did not record a triple are Sachin Tendulkar (Highest score 248 not out), Ricky Ponting (Highest score of 257), Rahul Dravid (Highest score 270) and Allan Border (Highest score 205) – this list comprises 4 of the top 5 run scorers in test cricket, with only Lara making a triple century.
- The widening gulf: where is cricket heading?
Cricket’s law-makers are prone to act on controversial decisions such as the no balling of Steve Finn after he had dislodged the bails at the non-striker’s end during the England-South Africa series in 2012. But what are the impacts of these knee-jerk changes to the laws of cricket on club cricketers? Alan Flook examines this thorny issue from the perspective of those that play the game for recreation at the grass-roots.
- Sledging war makes mockery of the Ashes battle
Players from both sides became fired up during various stages of the Ashes series as the sledging war escalated to ugly heights. Alan Flook examines this hot topic.